Here it is! This will be a simple running blog of my masters project for Winter 2018 at GVSU. As I progress through the project, I’ll post updates and things I’ve learned here. Here is a copy of my Master’s Project Proposal
I have the LCD installed in the poster and the setup is starting to come together.
This weekend was the crunch weekend. I have two more units complete and working, for a total of three. I should have a forth ‘extended run’ version soon.
The poster came from the printers and I’ll have the LCD mounted in it this week and the final paper is near completion.
I only have a few weeks left before things need to be wrapped up, and I’m in good shape. The trifold poster will be here Tuesday. I need to build at least one more logger, would like to make at least two more. I am hopeful to do some trials at work this week. Aside from the I need to finish my paper and a presentation and present it!
A few quick updates….
Here is a link to a Power BI dashboard I made. If I’ve logged data, it’ll appear in the dashboard. Move the slider in the upper left-hand corner.
Second, I’ve been asked to present at GVSU’s Graduate Showcase on April 10th. I’m very excited as this gives me an opportunity to dry-run my final presentation.
Lastly, graduation is only 35 days away. I have a bit more work to do on building at least one more logger and try to run it down a product line. Expect some updates soon!
I graduate in 47 days, which is exciting and scary all at the same time. This past week I had a good review of my project with some influential leaders at work. As a result I am making a few changes for the second datalogger to withstand certain environmental requirements and time requirements.
Aside from this minor change, I’m on track to having everything completed soon. I need to complete the local storage failover, and pretty up the OLED display and web interface. A stretch goal is if I manage to add some web-based configuration.
I have started my final paper and my poster for the poster presentations is nearly complete. I hope to have the poster design complete this week and approved so I can send it off for printing and then implement the LCD display.
I have the first of four units built and operational. Today I did some machining on the display bezel as well…
Here’s a quick time lapse of the box being built in four parts:
Also, I have the electronics for the lid complete:
The last of the components arrived today, and I made this picture to represent everything that goes into one of these. Keep in mind I am making a total of four units. The last part is printing on the printer now and should be done by the time I get home from work tomorrow. This weekend I’ll assemble prototype #2.
This weekend I simplified and redesigned the power circuit. I also added the current Wi-Fi signal strength and IP address in the web UI.
3D printing is going 24×7 to get all four cases printed, and nearly done. I used the vinyl cutter today to cut end cap stickers.
Vinyl cutting video:
Just a quick update. The updated charge base is complete. I also added a 3d cube to the web interface to show positional data.